“Hi, my name is Vikera and it’s been 9 days since my last post.”
Okay, so there’s no Bloggers Anonymous, but there should be! There’s a lot of angst surrounding my deadlines. There are times when I have so much going on in my head that I can’t come out with a coherent thought. Those of you who follow my blog, know how anxious I get when I don’t post regularly and the guilt that accompanies the lapse. Instead of waiting for inspiration, how about I catch you up.
So a few things to report:
- You can tell that I’ve changed the theme again. While I liked the other one, it really wasn’t working as it should. I hope this one feels more comfortable for me (and for you!)
- I’m still a faux SAHM. I’m enjoying it, but I’m starting to get anxious. Job search has been slow.
- I’ve started a blogging workshop. It helps bloggers grow their audience and appreciate the ones who faithfully follow their blogs (like you! Thanks!)
- The weather has been great so far. I know a lot of people in Vancouver complain about the rain, but I’ll take the rain over the snow any day of the week. If getting a bunch of rain means we have 20 C degree (68 F degree) weather in April, I’m definitely okay with it overall.
- I upgraded my phone to a touchscreen – a Lumia 625 – it’s pretty fancy, but I’m getting used to it. I had no idea a phone could do so much stuff. It’s amazing! The phone my Facebook friends suggested I get would have been too much phone for me. It’s just as well that I chose this free one instead.
- I just cut and dyed my hair. I’ve had my hair short before, but not in this style. I’ve never had this colour before either, so it’ll take some getting used to, for sure! Every time I dye my hair myself, the colour NEVER takes, always coming out way too dark. This time, to compound the change of the funky haircut, it came out exactly like the picture on the box. Just my luck!
- I did join that gym, but I’m 99% sure I’m cancelling the membership. Before you start yelling “Quitter!” let me explain. I wanted to join the gym for the social interaction as well as the exercise component of it. Turns out this gym doesn’t have classes, per se, it’s more of a get-in-do-your-own-workout-and-go-home, so it didn’t really serve its original purpose. I also prefer to save my money and work out by myself for free – thank you YouTube!
Ummmmm….what else? I don’t think I have anything more to report.
What I’ve learned in this time at home is that I am basically a happy person. I continue to do the best with the combination of what I have, what I’ve worked for and what life has given me. Living my life this way has worked well for me so far, so why stop now?!
I don’t know what the blogging workshop will reveal. Maybe at the end of it, I’ll need to start over. Maybe I’ll find the formula that will get me scooped up by someone who wants me to write for them. Maybe I’ll build up a portfolio that will change my life. I don’t really know. With things like these, I try not to anticipate the outcome without first going through the process.
We’ll just have to see how it goes….